Ruhi Week 16 - Happy Birthday to Me
Birthdays have always been a special time for me. Since my first birthday, my parents have gone above and beyond to make the day the best it can be. The earliest I can remember is my second birthday celebrated in Chicago at Jumps and Jiggles (their version of Pump It Up) with my other two year old friends. Even though I can barely remember what happened myself, the videos I see now are a great reminder of the fun that my parents enabled me to have.
The most recent birthday I celebrated was my seventeenth birthday in Dubai. The day of, my family and I went to a waterpark which is one of my favorite places just because it's a more fun version of a regular amusement park. After that, we met my dad's old college friend's family and I made my first international friend: their daughter who is also named Ruhi. Apart from this one day, the overall experience of being in Dubai made it my favorite vacation place I have ever been in because of how exciting and adventurous every single one of their attractions are.
Traveling for my birthday has become a bit of a pattern now. This year, I was in Dubai as I mentioned earlier and I also got to celebrate my birthday two days early in India with my cousins. The year before, I celebrated my sixteenth birthday in Hawaii which was an incredible experience on the pristine beaches and paradise environment. Two years before that, I celebrated in India again with my cousins.
The best part about celebrating my birthday outside is that I can get multiple birthdays in a way. For my fourteenth birthday, I had one birthday party at home with my school friends and two in India with both sides of my family. Being celebrated that much is enough to make any girl happy.
Hi Ruhi! First of all, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and that I hope you have an amazing day and try to forget about your finals even if its only for a few hours! I thought your blog was really fun to read and I found myself comparing your experiences to mine. Honestly, the first thing I saw when I opened your blog was “Pump It Up” and that undoubtedly brought back many memories of all kinds of parties I’ve attended there right away (I haven’t been there in like over five years). Reading about your experiences in Dubai was also really fun because that is somewhere me and my family wish to visit one day in the future. Having a birthday there must have been such a nice experience! You’re really lucky that you get to celebrate your birthday outside internationally since that’s something not everyone (like me) gets to do and it sounds like a lot of fun too. Anyways, I hope that we get another class together next year too like we have been all of high school since its been really fun having class with you!
ReplyDeleteHi Ruhi! It is absolutely amazing how your parents try their best to make sure you have the best birthday and being able to visit different countries as well. Visiting Hawaii, Dubai, and India have always been on my bucket list to visit, and it is much more special how you are able to spend your birthday there. Similarly, since my birthday is almost always during Thanksgiving break, I would also spend my birthday on a vacation. Usually, we would spend the week skiing and snowboarding at Lake Tahoe, and when it was my birthday, we would enjoy a nice dinner at one of Tahoe's restaurants. The other times we did not visit Lake Tahoe was when my parents took my family and I to travel to China, where it only snowed on my birthday, and when we hopped on a cruise to Mexico, where one of the waiters performed a magic trick with a napkin and a toothpick. These memories are ones that I definitely cherish the most and what makes our birthdays special. I loved reading your blog, as it reminded and made me appreciate the joyous moments I had with my friends and family on my birthday.
ReplyDelete