Gurnoor Kaur 16 - We Made It!
Wow. I truly can’t believe that it’s already the end of junior year. I had heard so much about junior year from all kinds of different people on how hard and stressful and important it was and honestly, they couldn’t be more right! However, I never really expected the year to fly by this fast, to me it feels like it’s still first semester.
It’s almost funny for me to remember how much I used to crash out for English assignments and the stress they gave me(especially for the articles and images that we had to annotate). I remember thinking about all the assignments I had to do every week from this class and, at the time, I thought it wasn’t fair, but now I think it kind of was. I think it’s safe to say that despite the many assignments we have received throughout the school year, they inevitably have helped us during the AP exam and will continue to help us as we go into college.
However, as tiring the year might have seemed, it is important to keep in mind that everything we’ve done this year - no matter how big or small - has all been worth it in the end. That’s why it’s also important to make sure to relax over the summer because we deserve it! Hang out with your friends, go swimming, have a sleepover, start planting, play video games, plan for senior year, or scroll through brainrot. There are so many things we can do over the summer that can not only help us relax but also prepare us for what we might face in the next school year! Senior year is our final stretch, and it’s sure to be a little stressful but mostly fun, especially if we try to keep that mindset. Just thinking about senior year is honestly a little scary to me (I still feel like I’m a freshman in high school), but also intriguing and something to look forward to. But for now, I definitely can’t wait for summer to come, the freedom, ice cream, and vacations it brings never fails to make me happy.
Anyways, I hope y’all have an amazing rest of the year and summer vacation! I had a lot of fun getting to know you guys even if we haven’t had the chance to talk a lot, trust!
Hi Gurnoor, I can't believe that I was just thinking about this exact topic today. This year has been so long and the stress I felt at the beginning of the year is completely different from the relief I feel now. We used to be so stressed about our annotations and how much work we have in this class but since then, I've had enough fun moments to drown all that out. I have made so many new friends and created new memories with them through POAS presentations and every other group project we have done in this class. Overall, I appreciate your blog and the realness you expressed about how this year went.
ReplyDeleteHi Gurnoor! This year really did feel so much faster than any other school year, and I can't quite place my finger on why that is. All those long hours of annotating texts or the numerous essays we had in class feel like nothing more than a distant memory, and yet it all happened less than a year ago. Although none of us liked doing those assignments, it's undeniable that they helped us on the AP test. It felt strange feeling any semblance of confidence during that test since English has always been my worst subject by a long shot. It was a long year of hard work but it's nice to finally be done with the school year and be able to relax over summer break. And you best believe I'm going to scroll through brainrot and feel bad about myself in the process.
ReplyDeleteHi Gurnoor! I can totally relate. I mean I myself cannot believe that I am done with Junior and now I am going to start with college apps and in no time I will probably be going to college it still feels like the same feeling I had in freshman year. Your reflection on the English assig....med by all the annotations essays an Your reflection on the English assignment was so relatable too because at that time I was overwhelmed by all the annotations essays, But like looking back I can see how much it prepared me for the AP exam which really helped us grow as writers especially as college application assets which would really affect our overall performance. Best of luck with senior year and I hope you get all the ice cream and freedom you mentioned!
ReplyDeleteHey Gurnoor! I totally relate to you in the feeling of shock that the year is over. After all that time spent worrying about the doomed junior year, it went by in the blink of an eye. It still feels like just yesterday we set foot into our classroom for the first time. It also still feels like yesterday that we were given our very first RA… Seeing the way we were supposed to write them on that example doc on Google Classroom nearly gave me a heart attack. By the time we got to our last RA, I was able to look back and think about how maybe it wasn’t so bad after all. Like you, I was often wondering what I was doing with my life, but all of that difficult work ended up paying off in the end. It’s nice to know that it was worth it, and now summer is here. Take your own advice, Gurnoor, and go have fun! I know you’ve worked hard this year. Have a wonderful summer!
ReplyDelete