Anthony Week 16 - Whoopsie Daisy!




https://tenor.com/search/shocked-guy-gifs

One of the top five worst feelings that exist has to be that feeling of realizing you forgot to do something important. It always comes at the worst times, potentially ruining a great day or making an already bad day worse. It’s something so horrible that I would never wish it upon my worst enemy. Everything about it feels disgusting, from the sudden drop in your stomach to the freshly born anxiety, taking its first steps in your worried mind. And to make matters worse, there’s often nothing you can do about it. It is almost always too late to stop the oncoming train wreck that is the aftermath of the whole ordeal. It gets to the point of almost feeling physically painful, and yet the only thing left to do is wait for the oncoming storm of consequences.

This feeling can stem from the most random of occurrences, from something as minuscule as realizing I forgot my speedo when I’m already halfway to practice or as major as forgetting to turn in an assignment. But every single time, this feeling of dread still hits just the same. 

While this feeling undoubtedly sucks, its constant looming presence is also comforting in a strange, twisted way. It’s a reminder to myself that I still care about what I do, and that I take pride in doing my best. It’s also a sign that I haven’t developed any sort of early symptoms of senioritis, something that is undoubtedly going to be a thorn in my side next year.


Comments

  1. Hi Anthony, I can totally relate to your blog as forgetting to do something is the bane of everyone's existence. I tend to go somewhere and then immediately forget what I went there to do so then I have to call out to the person who assigned me the task to remind me what it was. My mind can remember the most random facts but it just refuses to remember what I need to take the school or what I need to get from a room once I enter it. Similar to how you realize that you forgot your speedo halfway to school, I've done that multiple times by forgetting an important project or forgetting my phone at home. In freshman year, I forgot my lunch at home almost every other day which made my parents so annoyed. Overall, I enjoyed reading your blog and the humor behind your musings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anthony! Forgetting something, whether it is something small or is extremely important, and having that sudden drop in the stomach is something that I can definitely relate to. I remember back in second grade, for a couple of nights per week, I would suddenly jolt awake from my sleep at around one to two in the morning and rush down the hall to my backpack and check if I finished all my homework. I would always find my completed homework, but I hated the feeling of turning in a blank worksheet or feeling ashamed of not having the work done properly. Of course, my parents would wake up to my stomping extremely angry and lecture me to sleep properly. Even now, I find myself forgetting even the most basic items. Just like how you forgot your speedo when you were already halfway there to practice, in the last few months, I remember going to my badminton practice, and when I reached the gym and opened the car trunk, I realized I had completely forgotten to bring my entire badminton bag, which carried all my racquets, badminton birdies, water bottles, resistance bands, and my shoes. I disappointed my parents and my coaches many times, but I never saw them so speechless before. I truly enjoyed reading your blog, especially how relatable it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anthony! I really enjoyed reading your post, it perfectly captured the sutsinking Movement when you realized you forgot something very important. I mean I feel those goosebumps too. Description for like the freshly born anxiety taking its first step was so vivid and creative, I could actually feel the panic setting as I read it. I also liked how you balanced the structure of humor and reflection and those awful feelings in strangely reoccurring because it shows that how much we still care or you still care. great job turning a frustrating experience into something meaningful and funny. I really loved reading a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anthony, I relate to this on a spiritual level. That sinking feeling in your heart when you've forgotten something important? Instant full-body paralysis. You described it so vividly—I was literally cringing just remembering all the times it's happened to me. But I also loved how you flipped it around at the end and made it into something almost profound. It's true feeling that way means we actually care, even though it sucks at the time. Your writing is always so real and relatable, and this one really struck a chord.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl Kyaw 16 - This Is It?

Ruhi Week 16 - Happy Birthday to Me