Soumil week 10: The power of Nature.
Have you ever stopped to think about how powerful nature is or can be? Nature is all around us, it's the trees, the flowers, the animals and the sky. It's also in the mountains, the oceans, and the desert. It's not just a roaring thunder or the swinging waves, although those are pretty impressive.
I have been a huge gardening enthusiast for a while now. I love planting new trees, growing veggies, fruits, and exotic plants. While gardening, I always think about a tiny seed, which looks so small and fragile but on the inside holds the power to grow into a giant tree that reaches for the sky. Where that tree can withstand storms, provide shelter for animals and even help clean the air we breathe today, that's the power of nature.
I mean like, think about a small flowing river. It might start as a small stream but over time (like 1 to 2 years) it has the power to carve another stream of river. That's how nature shows its strength to us, or imagine a volcano eruption sending hot lava flowing down the sides burning anything in its way.
Although nature isn't just about big drastic crazy events. It's also in the smallest things, like a spider spinning a web or a bee collecting pollen from a flower by also pollinating it or the food chain, these acts really have an importance for the balance of life on our planet.
Nature can also have a big effect on how we feel on a daily basis. For example, Spending time outdoors can make us feel calmer, happier and more creative when the weather is good (Bright sunny day). The fresh air, the sunshine and the sound of nature makes us calm and happy.
But when the weather is rainy or cloudy, it gets depressing (ugh).
Nature is something we all share and are a part of, and it is important for us to take care of it and use it properly. By protecting our forests, rivers and oceans, we can help nature remain strong and healthy.
So the next time you step outside, take a movement to appreciate nature's super power, both small or big.
Hi Soumil, this is a really unique take on power. When most people think about power, they think about something strong that holds a lot of weight either physically or mentally. However, nature has a certain spiritual power which is equally strong as other things, just in a less noticeable way. From our early science classes, we know that trees are the reason we are alive. The power that trees alone hold over us is literally life changing because without them, we would run out of oxygen extremely quickly. I think humans also do have part in giving nature its power by using it for their own benefits such as using trees for paper and plants to eat. However, humans do also give back to the earth by planting more trees every year which I think is extremely important for our environment. I enjoyed reading about your description of how nature is not just spiritual, it also does have physical strength. The power of water being able to carve out a riverbed is honestly amazing and no one would be able to guess that nature could have such effects, especially in regards to natural disasters like landslides and tornadoes.
ReplyDeleteHi Soumil! I feel like the power of nature that you bring up, as well as the general beauty of nature is something a lot of us take for granted, and it's amazing to see your passion towards it. The power of nature is something that I've never really thought about before, but now that you bring it up, it is truly almost magical how even the seemingly insignificant things like seeds have so much potential to the environment around it when it grows up. I feel like although nature has immense power to influence us for the better, it also has unimaginable power to harm us as well. There have been so many instances throughout history where natural disasters have completely upturned societies like the volcano that erupted over Pompeii. With global warming becoming a larger issue as time goes on, I feel like it is important that we truly start appreciating the power of nature.
ReplyDeleteHi Soumil! Nature is definitely a powerful force, being what engulfs the planet and surrounds all of society. It is interesting to really think about the fact that it is all around us, in everything we see and interact with. Everything connects back to its roots at some point. Gardening seems like such a fun activity to do! Although not much for outdoor activity myself, I always admire those with green thumbs who are able to grow so much. It’s baffling to think about growth as a concept, from plants to animals. How something starting off so incredibly tiny can grow into such a large entity, how what seems like a weak twig can grow into a mighty tree in a forest. I liked your examples of referring to rivers and the food chain! What doesn’t look to be considerably important parts of nature play bigger roles than they appear to. I also appreciated your mention of how the weather can affect humans and their moods! I can say that rainy days definitely make me feel sleepier, while a sunny day makes me motivated to work hard. I will certainly take time to enjoy the nature around me more often. Thank you for sharing, Soumil!
ReplyDelete